What Is It?
Our Street Beat Dance group was started in March 2012 and encourages fitness, friendship and a sense of achievement amongst the young people involved. It was founded to reduce anti-social behaviour in the Matson area of Gloucester and to give young people something positive to work towards on a weekend.
What Do We Get Up To?
We’re always doing new and exciting things, some of which include:
- Fitness Sessions – Building stamina through an intense workout (Run by Gemma Crow)
- Dance Sessions – Learning new choreography and practicing dance routines (Run by Sam Shears, Chloe Etheridge & Brittany Lee)
- Skills Sessions – Learning new styles of dance (Run by external dance specialists)
- Performances – Previous events have included Matson Rugby Club fun day, Tuffley Primary School fete, Podsmead Big Local Launch Day & Gloucester Carnival
- Competitions – This includes the UDO UK Dance Competition.
- Team Building – Previous residential trips have included a visit to Biblins Youth Camp in the Forest of Dean
All sessions are run from the Redwell Centre in Matson. Please visit our Where To Find Us Page for more information.
Due to demand, our groups are split into three distinct age groups, these run on a weekly basis at the times listed on this page:
- Mini Beat (From 5 Years Old)
- Dynamix (Up To 18 Years Old)
- Funked Up (From 18 Years Old)
- Mini Beat – £4 Per Session
- Dynamix – £4 Per Session
- Funked Up – £5 Per Session
- Sessions run Every Friday Evening:
- Mini Beat – 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Dynamix – 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Funked Up – 8:00pm-10:00pm
How Can I Join?
Simply come along to one of our sessions and we’ll be happy to get you settled in! Alternatively, visit our Contact Us page and get in touch for more information.